Monday, February 23, 2009

Nothing's forsure

I smelled a crayon today. It took me back more than a few years. I thought about when I was a little girl. What was life like then, well I'll tell you what I thought about. I'll tell you what I miss.

My Dad, he screams my name and you can hear it for blocks. It's time for dinner. Dinner at my house was great. When we would sit at the table as a family. Morgan and Patrick made it so hard, all they had to do was eat and swallow. I didn't mind if they left food on there plates because then I was aloud to have it. After dinner there was always desert. Maybe even a soccer game to get to. I miss those soccer games. I loved making my Dad proud.

Did I want to share a room with my sister? No, not at the time. If I could go back maybe I would have never put that line down the middle of the room to keep her off of my side. I miss my little sister being my (little sis). I miss riding our bike to nowhere. I want those days back.

My Mama, why is she MY mom. Well of course the Lord willed it that way. I'm so lucky she's my mom. She never gave up on me. Thanks for keeping me. It seems that love will always prevail, am I right? I had a Mom that made being a kid so much fun. I miss the summers. I remember long days on the beach. I remember some the best drip castle's

My brother always smelled. I mean he smelled bad! I want another game of street hockey on William St. He played his heart out that's why he smelled so bad. But what I wouldn't do to have some Rollerblades and my baby brother.

I miss Molly and Sara. I miss Dad doing my hair every morning. I miss the oyster roast. I miss our weekend cleaning the house listening to The Mama and the Papa's. I miss going to school. I miss Pit St. I miss Krystal Karlish. I miss the marsh. I miss Marty and Boppy. I miss Christmas. I miss the smell of crayons. I miss my life.

Can I really endure this life or was I meant to miss so much. Someone shake me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! Thanks for forwarding your blog to me. I am looking forward to reading more and keeping in touch this way. I miss all of you in Charleston so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that God let's us keep our memories....although sometimes they make your heart ache. But I just kept thinking...now you're the Momma that's making her kids' memories great. They'll have so many great memories because of you!

    ReplyDelete